Trekker (3 Days 2 Nights)
Join a patrol with the Wildlife Alliance Rangers and go trekking through the dense Cambodian jungle along abandoned poaching and logging trails. Visit the Ranger Station where the confiscated equipment of poachers and loggers – including traps, improvised hunting rifles and even chainsaws – is on display.
Then kayak down the Preak Tachan River, or take one of the self-guided hikes along our carefully selected trails and discover the rich diversity of flora and fauna and get a glimpse of macaques, gibbons, hornbills and other rare wildlife found in the Cardamom Mountains.
3 Days 2 Nights at Cardamom Tented Camp
Boat leaves at 14:00
Meals included: dinner
- Disembark from Trapeang Rung Resort Pier at 14.00 on a 1-hour boat ride down the Preak Tachan River to Cardamom Tented Camp.
- On arrival you will get a brief introduction on the conservation and protection work of Wildlife Alliance.
- Settle into your comfortable safari-style tent.
- Go on an exploratory hike in the jungle around the camp.
- Relax at the riverside restaurant as the sun sets over Botum Sakor.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Cardamom Tented Camp.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- After an early breakfast, meet the Wildlife Alliance Rangers together with an English speaking guide and embark on a patrol over a network of abandoned poaching and logging trails through the dense forest.
- Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, like macaques, gibbons or hornbills.
- Stop by the ranger station, where confiscated snares, traps and improvised hunting rifles are on display. After enjoying lunch at the station, kayak or hike back to the camp.
- Dinner and overnight at Cardamom Tented Camp.
Meals included: breakfast
- Enjoy breakfast at your leisure. If you are an early riser, go on a self-guided hike on the trails around the camp or join one of our other activities such as the early morning wildlife boat ride.
- At around 10.00 , board the boat back to Trapeang Rung.
3 Day 2 Nights
|Cardamom Tented Camp|
Packages starting and ending at Trapeang Rung Resort Pier
|Low Seasons||High Seasons|
|Twin / Double Share||269 USD||299 USD|
|Single room surcharge||69 USD||80 USD|
Seasons (as of 1 Nov 2020)
High Seasons: 1 November 2021 – 30 April 2022
Low Seasons: 1 May – 31 October 2022
- Starting and ending at Trapeang Rung Resort Pier
- Boat leaves 14:00 and returns 10.00
- Accommodation at Cardamom Tented Camp
- 5 meals (2 dinners, 1 lunch, 2 breakfasts)
- Drinking water
- English-speaking guide on hikes
- Boat transfers between Trapeang Rung and the Tented Camp
- Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program
- Other meals not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as drinks (other than water), snacks and tips
- Visa fees
- Rates are excluding 10% VAT