Our Philosphy & CSR
We believe that sustainable tourism is the way to bring about the change necessary to preserve and prosper the prevailing nature and communities in and around Botum Sakor National Park. By bridging the culture gap between open-minded travellers and resident communities in the area, Cardamom Tented Camp will facilitate the appreciation of the region’s natural resources and communicate the need for conservational efforts that are beneficial for all.
We act in a responsible way and further develop sustainable tourism by:
- Directly contributing 5% of all earnings toward the protection and conservation efforts of Wildlife Alliance
- Major employment and utilization of human- and physical- resources from the nearby communities
- Operating with an Open Business Policy, to provide other businesses with energy and impact measurements to benchmark and learn from each other
- Go beyond common sustainability practices and operate the most efficient systems in terms of Energy, Water and Waste procurement, disposal and handling
- Promotion of sustainable tourism and environmental and cultural knowledge exchange among all participants